Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jim Datz' writing on patterns...

Quite frankly his flowery adjectives made me feel illiterate. What a perfect way to show pretentiousness in graphic design. After throwing-up in my mouth repeatedly from words like "chromophile" I found there was an actual purpose for writing. Boiling it down there are four key points:
1. Patterns are everywhere.
2. Graphic Designers need to be able to digest and regurgitate designs and patterns.
3. We experience things differently now than in previous generations.
4. Because of this styles change and grow more rapidly.

Consider me blown away...
Note: on closer examination the Jim Datz' "lexiphilia" did help me as, as a Graphic Designer, to regurgitate.

1 comment:

renee semore said...

Hey Quin....
Sweet tut. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Well put!
Sincerely,
Renee Semore