Thursday, April 9, 2009

Adobe Livedocs

I started by checking out the Pen Tool help, then I realized that I'd already read it as it is completely impossible to ever have used the Pen Tool and not have to look at the help page.

Then it was on to Live Trace, Live Trace fascinated me (and still does), I am anxious to find the time to try it out (and make color photos look like a Bi-Mart ad). The video tutorial wasn't bad (a robot with tentacles though, really?)

I thought alignment was a good one to check out because I had some problems with it recently. We'll see if it helps.
Slicing and cutting is not something I've never used before but I'm sure I'll need it. It's definitely looks like it'll save me some trouble in the future.



Pathfinder seems from reading the Livedoc to be a bit overwhelming and complicated but once I found some pictures It made some sense. It was here that I realized the general lack of visual aide in Livedocs (one per tool or so). Mildly ironic given the topic.
Live Paint looked like something I'd use too, but again the help page makes it seem much more daunting than it is. I reviewed these on a machine without illustrator, so I'll have to go back and experiment to get any real knowledge from this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD!!! love your commentary too!